Monday, May 5, 2014

Doing Da Deck

The deck is framed up except for a few screws and a support brace.  It started raining again causing me to quit.  Since I was using an electric powered saw and drill, doing this in the rain is a quick way to not EVER having to do it again.

Son, Ian, and I worked our butts off Wednesday and Thursday.  We measured off the remaining joists and installed the hangers before we quit yesterday evening.  Then for some BBQ, a bath and bed to watch a little TV.  However, a sleeping pill (used to turn my head off), 3 Aleve for the aches and pain, and 2 antihistamine for my allergies wouldn't let me fall asleep.  So I got back out of bed and played computer games until 2:30 a.m.  Woke up at 7 but didn't get up until 9.  Well, get up is a quirky statement.  I meant to say is that I rolled out of bed, slowly stood up and then did the "Ole Man Shuffle" for the first couple of steps.

And the weather for this week was great.  Tomorrow we take the kids to ice skate and lunch out.  Now that the framing is complete I will be able to ride my bike next week until the planking arrives.  Noooo, because Monday through Wednesday is indicated as RAIN.  After the rain quits then the deck planking will probably arrive and I'll still be unable to ride.  This project has got to end.

So enjoy yourselves and if you're unhappy, come up to East TN and I'll cheer you up with a saw, hammer, drill and screw driver.  That'll make you happy, well maybe not you but it will me.

No comments:

Post a Comment