Monday, June 16, 2014

The Ride Begins

Monday, June 16, 2014, preparations have already started for the "big ride".  So what is the big ride?  Well, once a year the Valkyrie Owners Association International (VOAI) meet up for a reunion.  This is the original Valkyrie motorcycle club.  Oh, what is a Valkyrie?  She's a 6 cylinder fire breathing big butted bad girl with lots of gleaming chrome and plenty of power to strut her stuff.  She has 6 carburetors with a high-lift cam that can just twist the cable off the speedometer.  She was built for speed and handles like a dream.

I'm all packed with the luggage tied down on the luggage rack, all gassed up, stainless steel cup full of ice and water (which will be melted before the clock strikes 10 tonight), helmet attached to the CB Radio, GPS mounted and ready to turn on.  The rider is as eager to make the 600 mile plus ride to Harrison, AR as a kid is to play with a new toy.  While in the Harrison area we will ride each day from 100 to 200 miles through the country side.  Heat will be plentiful and looks like later in the week there's some good chances for rain, especially Sunday when I return to TN.  Thus, the packed rain gear used a couple of weeks ago on the ride to LA.  Since then it has been re-waterproofed.

I hope to get some great pics and some good stories while on the ride.  I lost my camera case with the extra battery somewhere on the LA ride.  Tried to get a new battery today but no one has them in stock.  Tried to get a larger chip and the camera is too old for the new chips.  My fault, I was so busy with the deck and son Ian's getting ready to move to CA that I forgot about it until today.  Oh, well, if that's all that goes wrong, just a minor blip in the time of life.

So until my next blog report, I hope all happiness and love, and some good times as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment