Sunday, June 29, 2014

A Moving Experience

No riding since the Arkansas trip.  I've been busy helping my daughter-in-law pack up their furnishings and load them onto a 28 ft. trailer which will be hauled by Ark. Best Freight from Seymour to L.A.  Worked all day yesterday loading and most of this afternoon.  She had 3 friends come over at noon yesterday to help and boy was I glad.  They did a smash-up job along with carrying boxes and stuff to the trailer.  Janene's nephew, Spencer, flew in last weekend and he's been a busy lad ever since.  Ian is in L.A. going through a refresher class at the LAPD police academy.  Janene and kids will leave for L.A. Tuesday morning, 2300 mile trip.  Should take about 4 days to get there or maybe a little more if they stop along the way to site see a bit.

Every muscle in my old tired body is aching.  If you timed me getting out of the bed this morning you could have used a sundial as I was just that slow.  And I wasn't the only one sore this morning.  Even the kids said their arms ached.  But with their Kindles, games, DVD player, etc., they will have a joyful ride to CA to see their Dad.  And he will be glad to see them.  None of them will be to glad to see that ABF trailer pull up as it will mean "back to work" mode.

I shall miss them immensely.  It's been nice having one of my son's close to enjoy a cup of coffee with, or a little man conversation, etc.  And fun to have the kids to play with, show them places and things, and do stuff with them.  Having them at the house overnight, special breakfasts, etc.  It makes my old heart lonely.  Seems that I get more sentimental as I get older.

But, Alas, my other son, his youngest daughter (my second granddaughter) and my mother-in-law will be coming up in early July for a few days.  That will help take my mind off the departing family.  I don't know about you who may read this feel about your kids and grandkids, but I thoroughly love my sons and their families.  It is nice to have family around to share things and times with.

I also hope everyone has a safe and happy Fourth of July celebration.  We are a very luck people to live in this vast country, the USA, and we should join together to celebrate what it and this date stands for.  I love the old saying, "If you don't like it, leave it".  I see a lot more people trying to get here than depart from here.

Keep safe, and enjoy life.

No comments:

Post a Comment