Monday, December 28, 2015

Just Thoughts

I love the roads and ride when I can, it doesn't matter so much to where for it could be a new begin.  Then I see neat things, some old and rambling, some neat and new but the main thing is that my life's experiences took a chance and grew.  The weather plays a major factor in when and where I go, but as long as there's no ice, I can handle a bit of snow.  I listen to the wind as it passes by my head, I feel the breeze on my knees and thoughts of unusual places like old homesteads.  There's the few places to stop and grab a bite to eat, it's not that the food is so great, it's just the people you meet.  Along the highways some wide and very straight, I take time to think about things, I think they call it contemplate.

You never really know when, where or who you might actually meet.  But the nice thing is that you can exchange a greet.  You may never see them afterward then again you may, for the world is not all that big for the word never to say.  Your body feels the heat from the warm summer sun and then it may ache a bit after so much fun.  Your knees feels the breeze, your heart is all aflutter.  The excitement is joy in having fun riding with another.  Some people like to be loners and that's okay too, every once in a while I like it as one instead of being two.

I worry about my children, and their children in this time and day.  I hold them dear to my heart and mention them each night I pray.  I wonder what they will be doing long after I'm gone.  Will they continue enjoying life or will they stand alone.  Will the grandkids be prosperous and hold jobs of high esteem and will they be remembered by folks for having and doing their dream.  These things will occur long after I've ridden away, for the Pearly Gates are much closer than they are far away.

Time has a way of sneaking in the past, like missing out on family things because life moves so fast.  So that's why I like to ride those highways listening to the sounds because I don't want to end things, I want them to last.  Life has lots of things that go on each day, but not everyone understands what comes their way.  They let things lapse even those things they once did like, like meeting a stranger on a ride or a hike.  It's not the big things that makes up the life, it's the small day to day events that help remove the strife.  It's like a good friend one that is tried and true, to help you over the hump of being sad or blue.

So as I ride those highways and byways through valleys and hills, it brings relief to my soul like a handful of pills.  I pass the time away looking at the scenes and recall boyhood memories and lifetime dreams.  It's not a chore to run up the miles, as long as I can remember all the people's smiles.  To my children and theirs and theirs too, I hope you remember to remember your childhood as you grew.  And last a thought you may keep in your mind, I love you all even while I'm having a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment